Marketplace Application Process
The Coldwater and Area Studio Tour features the work of local and guest artisans & artists whose work would be categorized as fine art, fine craft or that shows a commitment to the craft and art form to generate work at a high level. We recognize that there is a very diverse range of handicrafts and art forms and that this criterion does not fit all makers.
We are inviting craftspeople and other artisans that make their own products not covered by the definition noted above, access to a one day Marketplace to be held on Saturday June 25, 2022 in conjunction with the Studio Tour. We hope to extend the reach of the Studio Tour and become more inclusive by welcoming everyone who is creative to be part of the event.
Who is the marketplace open to?
- Any Canadian crafts person who makes their own product, including greeting cards, textile products, basketry, wood working, stained glass, jewellery, essential oils, soaps, beeswax candle makers, resin crafts, knitters, sewers or anyone else that has a unique craft product that they sell
- Crafts people must attend in their booth on the day of the market
What is required to participate?
- A booth, up to 10’ x 10’ including signage, tables, displays
- Sufficient product for the day
- An approved event application and payment of fees
- Spaces will be assigned and further information will be sent out in spring 2022
- The Marketplace will be hosted behind the Mill at 1 Mill St, Coldwater, outdoors and will take place rain or shine
Date: Saturday, June 25 from 10:00 am to 5:00 pm
Agreement and Responsibilities:
1) The Coldwater Studio Tour does not assume responsibility for any participants, visitors, guests, activities or occurrences at the Marketplace during this event. It is the responsibility of the vendor to check with their insurance company with regard to any restrictions.
2) The vendor shall behave in a reasonable and professional manner at all times while participating in the marketplace and related events.
3) The organizers reserve the right to decline an application for participation or to have an artist removed from the marketplace for breach of this agreement. The organizers also reserve the right to rescind this agreement.
4) Once accepted and your payment processed as of February 15, 2022, there will be no refunds, unless the event is cancelled or postponed for reasons outside the organizer’s control. If refunds are issued, they may be for partial repayment, to cover any related costs associated with the tour.
5) The organizers of the Coldwater Studio Tour and related events, their elected officials, directors, members, employees and agents assume no responsibility or liability for any loss, damage or injuries of any kind occurring or suffered either before or after or during participation in the studio tour or related events. The organizers, their elected officials, directors, members, employees and agents do not assume any liability or responsibility for damage to artwork or any other property owned by the artist and/or financial loss that may be incurred by the artist while participating as part of the tour.
Dates to remember
Application deadline extended until April 30th 2022.
Marketplace Fee: $75.
Submission of application does not automatically confirm acceptance to the marketplace.
Spaces are limited and we will attempt to provide as much diversity as possible with vendors to ensure there is a wide range of product for sale.
If an application is not approved, the fee will be refunded in full.