The Coldwater and Area Studio Tour (CAST) features the work of local and guest artisans & artists. We offer a diverse selection of work such as painting, jewelry, glass and metal work, photography, pottery, fibre art, and woodworking in studios, workshops and historic buildings in the lovely agricultural surroundings of Coldwater and the adjoining shores of Georgian Bay.
Artist Involvement and Responsibilities
CAST has thrived through the years with support from volunteers. The Studio Tour Volunteer Committee will rely heavily on the support and participation of each and every artist. We are asking that each artist make a contribution to further expand the market reach.
At minimum each artist is required to:
- Pick-up and deliver a minimum of 100 brochures to areas outside of Coldwater.
- Follow the CAST Facebook page: com/coldwaterandareastudiotour/. LIKE or SHARE posts to expand the reach of the POSTS.
- Create Facebook/Instagram posts that include samples of your work /images, your artist biography or information about your artistry process, and tag to the studio tour Facebook/Instagram page @coldwaterandareastudiotour should appear in your post. Many other groups SHARE and LIKE our pages so the marketing domino effect is an important aspect of our marketing efforts.
- Utilize your own social media channels with this same concept (Instagram, Twitter etc.).
- Invite your colleagues, former clients, potential clients, galleries, friends and family to see you at the Studio Tour. A special invitation will be created and sent to all participating artists that can be easily forwarded. Please email out the digital flyer and brochure in advance (.pdf will be provided).
- Post the Studio Tour brochure and date and locations on your website or social media (if applicable).
- Pick-up and set-up Studio Tour lawn signs prior to the tour (we will provide a map and further instructions).
Date: Saturday, June 25 and Sunday, June 26, 2022 from 10:00 am to 5:00 pm
Coldwater & Area Studio Tour Criteria and Guidelines
1) Must be an artist who: has specialized training in the artistic field (not necessarily in academic institutions); is recognized as a professional by his or her peers (artists working in the same artistic tradition); is committed to devoting more time to artistic activity, if possible financially; has a history of public presentation or publication.
2) The studio or location must be appropriate for public attendance and have the required display equipment/furniture to properly display the work. The CAST Executive may require photographs of the premises to determine the appropriateness.
3) Artistic disciplines for the studio tour are generally considered to be “Fine Art,” which may include painting, printmaking, sculpture, ceramics, photography, glasswork, jewellery, fiber art and mixed media. If unsure, please inquire and we can provide some guidance.
4) If the Artist has their own location open, they must be present at all times between 10:00 am to 5:00 pm on both days of the studio tour.
5) The artist may display only his or her original artwork and reproductions thereof from his / her original designs as described on the application form (no kits, copies of artwork by others or the work of others).
6) Artists with studios must have Liability Insurance with coverage of at least $2 million for admitting the public into the studio. Guest artists in studio may require their own liability coverage separate from the host artist. Please consult your insurance advisor to determine personal requirements.
7) The Studio Tour Committee does not assume responsibility for any visitors, guests, activities or occurrences at the studios during this event. It is the responsibility of the artist to check with their insurance company with regard to any restrictions.
8) The artist shall behave in a reasonable and professional manner at all times while participating in the studio tour and related events.
9) The organizers reserve the right to decline an application for participation or to have an artist removed from the studio tour for breach of this agreement. The organizers also reserve the right to rescind this agreement.
10) Once accepted and your payment processed as of January 1, 2022, there will be no refunds, unless the event is cancelled or postponed for reasons outside the organizer’s control. If refunds are issued, they may be for partial repayment, to cover any related costs associated with the tour.
11) The organizers of the studio tour and related events, their elected officials, directors, members, employees and agents assume no responsibility or liability for any loss, damage or injuries of any kind occurring or suffered either before or after or during participation in the studio tour or related events. The organizers, their elected officials, directors, members, employees and agents do not assume any liability or responsibility for damage to artwork or any other property owned by the artist and/or financial loss that may be incurred by the artist while participating as part of the tour.
12) All participants will post signage at their site and distribute brochures as well to advertise the tour to their own client contact list.
13) Mail, email, or submit your entire application package through the form below to be received by November 27, 2021 (11:59 p.m.) for early bird payment. Email to: ColdwaterTour@gmail.com
14) Please email or include in the form below, high quality images of three examples of recent art and your short professional biography (100 words max.) to ColdwaterTour@gmail.com by November 27, 2021. Keep in mind rectangular images may be cropped to a 1.75-2″ x 1.75-2″ square (max size) for the brochure. POOR QUALITY IMAGES may result in a REJECTION by the jury. Consider the value of getting your artwork professionally photographed.
15) New artists will need to submit pieces of their work as part of the jury process. You will be contacted by January 15, 2022 to advise if you have been accepted to the show.
Dates to remember
November 27th, 2021 Early Bird Application Deadline
December 31st, 2021 New applicant sample art & payment are due
January 15th, 2022 Notification letters sent out
TBA Final day for withdrawal
Studio Tour Fee:
Early bird: $175. (due by 11:59 p.m. on November 27, 2021)
Late fee: $200. (due by 11:59 p.m. on December 31, 2021)
Please note: all first time applicants are subject to a 25.00 jury fee, in addition to the fees noted above
Many visitors will be visiting our sites, so you must ensure that you are able to create the volume of work required.
The Tour reserves the right to request the withdrawal of a participant if these directives are not observed
3 SAMPLES OF WORK ARE REQUIRED
Actual samples of work are required so that jurors can determine the quality of the work that photographs don’t always show. This can include aspects such as whether pieces are well constructed, and whether paintings/photographs are properly framed. Additional photographic examples may be included particularly where size is a factor.
NOTE: All artwork submitted will be handled with the utmost respect and care, however, the Coldwater and Area Tour and individual members will not be held responsible for any loss or damage. It is the responsibility of each artist to provide their own liability and other insurances their art pieces before and during the Coldwater and Area Studio Tour.
Fill out the Application Below or Download our Application Form